Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My First VoxBox!


I can't believe it was just a few days ago that I said I was so excited about looking forward to being chosen for a voxbox...and here it is!!


"OK, so what's inside??"

I already have the Spin Pins by Goody in my hair.  I was the most excited about them because I eye them every time I'm in Walgreens.  I couldn't muster up the $6 and change to get two twisty pieces of metal I thought for sure wouldn't work... but, they do!  I still think the price is way too high, but they really do work!

And my little Timmy approves... I think. LOL!


Kiss® Ever PRO Lash Starter KitI'm saving the eyelashes for a more special occasion.  I don't want to just put them on and waste them... but how cool is that!?  Falsies have come a long way since I last used them in the 90's :)  This pair from Kiss come with a latex free adhesive which I'm interested in since the last time I used falsies, the glue irritated my eye lids.  It also comes with a small applicator (sort of like a small pair of tweezers).  No more clumsy sticky fingers!


Going into Bath and Body Works is one of my favorite "spend-all-your-cash" stores.  You can quickly find all your go-to scents and explore some new ones!  Their seasonal products are always a hit.  For me, I love keeping my home smelling like spices during the cooler weather.  There's something about the scent of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin that scream Fall is Here!  The Slatkin & Co. have candles that rival Yankee when it comes to longevity and potency.  In my opinion, I like the S&C candles better because they tend to burn longer.  My Yankee candles are strong in scent, but burn too quickly for the money.

Of the scents that influenster.com sent out in their VoxBox, I got Cider Lane.  It smells like a caramel apple to me.  It's quite sweet so when you burn it, make sure you are into sugary scents.  ;)  I already have one of their Fall scents, "Leaves" burning in my house and it makes my whole house smell so good!!  I've had it for a year now and only use it during the cold months.  It's back out and though it's been lit for hours at a clip, it's only halfway done!  (I have the 3-wick candle size).


Not Your Mother's® Smooth Moves™ Frizz Control Hair Cream
I'm looking forward to using Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves when I do my hair in the morning... I smelled it and it's amazing!  It says it's infused with coconut and silk extracts.  I think that'd be a nice smell all day long; to remind me of warmer weather (though I LOVE the Fall the best!).  The verdict isn't out yet on how it will manage my finicky hair.  It's supposed to smooth out the frizz but allow for soft, natural curls.  We'll see!


Next up, NYC Individual Eyes "Dark Shadows" which is a limited edition palette.  I like NYC for their nail polish because they're not over-priced and come in lots of colors.  I can't say I've used NYC before on my eyes because I tend to be spoiled by using my Lancome products.  But, I did like how the smoky effect came out when I used these colors!  Maybe I won't be spending so much on my eye makeup next time I'm shopping for some? :)
I'm not sure how I feel about trying this last one.  EBOOST says it's a "Daily Health Booster" packed full of  green tea, vitamin D and B-12 with a tangy citrus burst.  The problem is, I don't like effervescent things.  It reminds me too much of "Airborne" which essentially  tastes the same and has similar qualities to it.  The package is about the size of a teabag and if purchasing  the full sized box of 20, will run you a hefty $28 dollars.  That's over a dollar a drink!  I don't know if I'd spend that much on it.  The color is actually natural though which is a plus in my book.  Beta Carotene and Beets give this drink  it's coloring... it's also lactose and gluten free.  Huzzah.  Verdict is still out on this one until I try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment